Thursday, December 20, 2012

Project Corvo: 03 - More parts, more adjustments, more renders

I've lost count on how many hours spent on modelling the mask so far, or to be correct: Adjusting the parts. Modeling a shape is usually quick, easy and looks good in the end. But modelling a certain specific part, and without exact blue prints, takes a lot more time! Trying to get all the parts as accurate as possible down to every tiny detail and then need to position and remodel them again so they all fit together is a less fun task.
Anyways enjoy the pictures, I took some liberty to make them in high-res render for your viewing pleasure!

In this update, I've added most of the interior parts of the mask and aligned them well together with the skull. The skull itself still needs some realignments to the parts as well so it all can fit together after it has been printed. I've been pondering about how to actually print it as I'm pretty one big print of the whole ting wont work. That means the next step would be to separate the model into parts, then print it and glue them together after, like a model build kit you had when you were a kid. I pray that the printer software allow me to print intersected objects because that is how I've modeled to save time!

Also this might be the last update for a while because of Christmas coming right around the corner, you know, family time etc. So happy holidays to all of you and see you again to the next year! It's going to be a year of printing for sure!

Aaaaalso, should anyone be interested to contact me, you could do so by email to my gmail: mogcaiz(a)gmail.com

-WJ



Happy holidays and a happy new year!

EDIT:  Bonus Holiday Render!

3 comments:

  1. Oh god, could you please put this up on shapeways.com or another 3D printing site? I've been looking for this and yours is, I have to say, the best I've found. I also can't tell my ass from my elbow when it comes to 3D rendering.8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, this is absolutely amazing! Is there a way can a copy of this mask?
    I want to try and print it too...

    WillumApproves

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, i wpuld be awesome if you releasse the 3d model so we can print that, i was looking for this like for years... so please if you can release the 3d model dont say no. Thank you

    ReplyDelete