Thursday, December 13, 2012

Project Corvo: 02 - Corvo parts

Small progress update of the 3D model.
Most of the exterior surface of the mask is finished. But I'm going to do a quick overhaul and make sure I got every tiny detail covered once I'm done with all the small mechanical parts of the mask.



I started doing the eye pieces today. I'm really thankful for TME for posting pictures of their mask on Facebook. Especially of how the mask looks like from the inside. Otherwise I would have to rely on in-game screenshots, not the best reference considering they are all in low poly in-game models. But thanks to good high resolution pictures I've managed to nail a lot of small parts down to their accurate detail!

According to a guy who answered an important question to me: Intersected 3D objects shouldn't be a problem to print. We will see if that is true, and if that is, then I'm going to be very happy as that mean I can save a lot of time on how I model my bits and pieces.

- W


1 comment: