Sunday, December 2, 2012

Introduction to Yoshplay

Hi and welcome to yoshplay.blogspot.com!

In this entry I will just let you new viewers a know a bit what I have in store for this blog. Being the first post it isn't much to indulge into here yet, but I will say a few things about what you can expect to see.

My name is Wirat and as I'm writing this, I'm also counting the days for my 3D printer to arrive on my door. I ordered it as soon as yesterday, so I decided why the heck not start writing about it already now. And for those who stumbled in here without the prior knowledge of what exactly it is, it is as the name suggests.: A machine capable of printing things in 3D.

MakerBot Printed Owl Voronoi @Bre
Picture examples by jabllela (left) and John Bieheler (right) via Flickr.

I will write and share about my journey into the realm of 3D printing from a total newbie standpoint when it comes to printing in 3D. I have a 3D design background, which will be relevant and handy on my journey, but other than that, I've no experience when it comes to mechanical design, addictive manufacturing and similar. That means I'm more or less like most other people there when stumbling upon a new device; going to be clueless and need to learn by reading and experimenting.

Part of my blog will be about documenting my progress about learning using a 3D printer and as well as a  replica and prop design where 3D printing will become a great asset. I will try my best to be as informative as possible for those who are also curious about 3D printing and want to know more.
The other part of my blog will be a work progress blog. It's going to be less about printing, and more about what I do about my prints after they are done. So a lot of focus on post working on prints and props in general to make them be replica worthy.
I've stumbled upon blogs about 3D printing, and blogs about prop making, but not many who covers both. So I hope I can bring something new and fresh on the table. And I hope people will find it interesting enough to follow my progress.


Well I'm going to wrap it up for this time. In meanwhile check out one of my favourite 3D print video so far!

- Wirat



A sandstone block built from lego, blending real objects with 3d prints from Greg Petchkovsky on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment