Wednesday, December 5, 2012

About myself



I'm that guy who walk the streets with my hands deep buried in my pockets any time of the year. I'm 26 years of age. My parents named me Wirat when I was born, and I've since taken a creative path to adolescence through creating stuff. And now upon creating this blog, to try my luck with creative use of 3D printing. As mentioned in my first entry, I wish to document my progress if it turns out to become a thing, and I wish to share my results and knowledge to any aspiring mind alike people out there! I know people like pictures, so I promise there are going to be lots of them!
So on to the juicy background story!

I've been working within the commercial industry for the past 5 years as a 3D generalist and VFX artist. Most of my job consist of product rendering, logo animation, stereoscopic advertising and motion graphics. Once in a while I'll do some basic VFX tasks such as rotoscopy, green screen and compositing. Working with 3D has been a passion of mine ever since I discovered and learned the ways of 3D in my earlier days at the uni.


Some of my 3D work throughout the years. Check out more at my Deviantart

My second and more recent passion have been in video game art with some borderline otaku nerdiness  such as cosplay and props making. This I cannot express how much of a joy I've had the past years of travelling around and visiting both small and large conventions dressed up and kicking grass at photoshoots and on the stage! That's something I'll keep doing and expand my capabilities as a cosplayer and prop maker by introducing this blog, along with my soon to arrive 3D printer.

Cosplays arranged from newest to oldest.

 I feel 3D printing is the natural next step for me since I come from a 3D artist background, and feel at home when making stuff. Either it be digital computer imagery or hand crafted things, like props and figures. In the long term aspect of the whole thing, I wish to be able to get my own workshop and keep on learning and making awesome stuff. Maybe even make a small extra living from 3D by offering my expertise and prints through etsy or ebay. If everything goes well expand that service independently. Who knows.

Anyways, Im going to wrap this section about myself for now and leave you with a small teaser about my hopeful project at the moment. Yes I wish to print this one beautiful day...

- W


More information about this project will be coming soon. Stay put <3

No comments:

Post a Comment