Friday, June 13, 2014

Project Yasuo: 01 - Introduction

Yasuo, The Unforgiven

Now where did this idea spring from?
Being a cosplayer I want to cosplay something from the ever so popular Leauge of Legends game, it was when they released the new champion at the time called Yasuo, I decided to give it a go. I've up to this point found it hard to pick a champion to cosplay, (as well picking a champion to play as always) but I figured why not go for this one.
The splash art looks great and his outfit calls for a cool silhouette. It isn't the most jaw-dropping character, but it looks flashy enough and he features an unique sword and cool looking armor. I imagine making it wouldn't be too difficult. And best of all, wouldn't take too much time to make. At the time writing this, I deeply regret believing that.

Anyways, this is related to me sitting down and crunching out those props and costume, with lots of pictures documented and thought and effort put into it, I see no reason not to share it here on Yas.. I mean Yoshplay!

Let's collect our reference pictures:
Uhh... that's all the reference pictures I could find.
Some important things to point to take notice off, there is two versions of him, one in-game version shown at top, and one splash art version displayed below. Most noticeable between these two are the obvious color of his rope belt, and the material of his armor plates. Then there are some minor differences of his decorations. I won't go in those details, but I prefer the deep red brownish belts, and the metallic surface of the armor plates and will be basing my costume on the splash art design. I just prefer the overall more detailed and "realistic" approach to my costumes.

The list of things to craft are:
1 x sword 
1 x sheat
2 x clothing accessories (pants and poncho)
15 x armor plates
1 x large rope

2 x small rope
1 x bamboo flask
2 x large leather belt
20 x small leather belt
1 x giant wig

For now I will focus on getting the sword and armor done, the two hardest and most interesting part of his costume in my opinion.

Come back for some progress!

- W

No comments:

Post a Comment